Sunday, July 14, 2013

Alien Cupcakes from Toy Story

Let me just start by saying I thought I was going to have so much time on my hands to blog this summer.  Boy, was I wrong!  I have been so busy doing things around the house that I have almost completely forgotten about my blog.

Last month my Godson celebrated his 2nd birthday!  He is just precious and he is also ecstatic about Toy Story!  There was no questioning what the theme of his party would be!  We decided to go with cupcakes because we were a little pressed for time.

We found the Alien Cupcakes and decided we should go with these. We just chose lemon cupcakes and butter cream icing.  While the cupcakes were cooling I made my icing.  I tried to get the color as close as I could to the sour straws and candy leathers.  Once the cupcakes were cooled, I frosted them with a Wilton 12 tip.


After they were all frosted I came up with this method to flatten out what would be the face of the alien.  I just boiled a little bit of water and placed my spatula in the water until it was hot.  I wiped off the water and gently placed the spatula on the frosting which melted and flattened the frosting.




The next step was decorating the face.  For the antennae you can cut the sour straws in four pieces.  The ears are cut from the candy leathers and the eyes are Mentos dotted with black frosting.  I also just drew the mouth on with the black frosting.

Final Product!

Alien Cupcakes on Toy Story Stand

No comments:

Post a Comment