Thursday, March 28, 2013

Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Butter Cream

I was asked to make some chocolate and strawberry cupcakes by a teacher I work with.  We came up with chocolate cupcakes with strawberry butter cream.  The recipe for the chocolate cupcakes is available here.  These cupcakes came out very moist!  It has sour cream in them and I think that is what did the trick!

I also added just a regular strawberry butter cream on top.  Recipe below.

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla {give or take}
2 T strawberry puree
Powdered sugar {Once you like how it looks}

Cream the butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl.  I made the strawberry puree in my Magic Bullet.   I just cut up 3 or 4 strawberries and pulsed them until they were liquified.  It came out to about 2 tablespoons.  Add the puree.  Make sure they are well combined because I have had it separate on me.  Lastly, add the powdered sugar until you like to consistency and taste.  I usually add about a cup at a time.

My mom always said to taste your food before you serve it to someone.  That may be the reason that I sometimes don't have exact measurements.  So Sorry :-P

Final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment