Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Birthday and Big Red Cake

100 Page Views!  How exciting!!

My best friend of 26 years celebrated her birthday at the beginning of the month.  She absolutely loves Big Red.  I actually don't think I have met anyone else that loves it SO much!  A few years back she requested that I make her a Big Red cake.   I had never heard of this so I went in search of a recipe.  As it turns out, it is one of the easiest cakes you can make.  Ready for the secret??  It is made from a BOX cake!  This is one of the most delicious cakes I have ever made.  It is a hit every year and this year it did not disappoint!  I, unfortunately did no get a good picture of it this year but I have one from a previous year.
I could not get the it to turn but you get the picture!

Here is the recipe.
Big Red Cake

1 yellow or white cake mix

1 family size strawberry Jello

1 1/2 c. water

1 can Big Red soda

Bake the cake according to the package directions in a 13x9 baking dish. While the cake is baking add the remaining ingredients to a sauce pan.  Stir just until the Jello is dissolved.

 Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes and poke cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.  Pour the Big Red mixture over the cake. 

Icing

1 reg. size vanilla pudding
1 container of Cool Whip
1 1/2 c. milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until stiff.   Pour and spread over cooled cake.  Store in the refrigerator.


My BFF and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment