Monday, February 25, 2013

Yankees Cake- Chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream and strawberry filling

This weekend I was lucky enough to have two orders for two friends of mine.  The first on the list was a Yankees cake.  One of my friends wanted to order a cake for her boyfriend.  She did not have a specific flavor in mind but she knew that he loves chocolate covered strawberries.  Well I thought of just the cake:  a chocolate cake filled with strawberry and covered with chocolate butter cream.  He also loves the Yankees  so we combined the two.  I was really happy with they way everything came out. 

I started off with a basic chocolate cake.  I had never made a chocolate butter cream before so I went in search of a great one.  Of course, my first instinct was to search Pinterest!  I was in luck because I found the perfect recipe here.  Before stacking and frosting the cake I filled it with strawberry filling. 

I made a dark blue fondant out of marshmallows and covered the cake with a sugar sheet in the shape of the Yankee logo.  I finished it off with some white butter cream around the bottom and around the logo. 

Finished Product. (I'm still working on my photography skills.)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment